Our summer program is centered on woodworking and art. Nine different projects throughout the summer. Each project expands on skills learned from previous projects.
Projects cannot be started 35 minutes or less before closing.
- Projects include:
- Wooden truck, Painted wood sign, Gumball machine, 4th of July Project, Birdhouse, Memo board, Chalk board, Sliding picture frame, Toolbox and a mason jar planter.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
Boys and girls ages 10 and older. Adults welcome to participate as well. Parent(s) or guardian (or caregiver) must accompany the child(ren) (under age 14) at all times. If you have younger children - please note that we may not have a project suitable for them. We can offer a painting project (wooden butterfly) and a few other projects.
THE ACTIVITIES ARE DESIGNED AROUND THE BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA – MERIT BADGE PROGRAM, HOWEVER, ANY STUDENT REGARDLESS OF SCHOOL, GROUP OR GENDER CAN PARTICIPATE.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
No need to register - walk right in!
Unless otherwise noted - these are open hours. Feel free to walk in and choose a project. If you are working from project 1 through project 9, just let us know which project you did last and we will get you set up with the next project in the series.
Listed in order of complexity. (beginner to more experienced)
- birdhouse [$15] (helps get a feel for the studio, the instructors, how we paint and we protect our clothes, hands and lungs from painting). Project may change depending on supply/demand.
- painted wood sign - small [$15] (introduces sanding, staining, applying stencils and painting.)
- painted wood sign - single board [$15] (includes sanding, staining, applying stencils and painting. Also includes the option for different textures and craft mediums.)
- sliding picture frame [$20]
- Fourth of July project [$25]
- mason jar planter or toolbox [$24]
- wooden truck [$24]
- memo board or chalkboard (chalk, cork or white board) [$25]
- gumball machine [$24]
Note ~ All participants may use hand clippers, chisels, sanding blocks, knives, hand drill and hand saw - among other hand tools. Participants age 14 and older may also use powered palm sanders, finish sanders, power drills and small grinders (Dremel). No child under 14 will be allowed to handle any power tool during this course - no exceptions. No participant will be allowed to operate power tools such as a table saw, circular saw, planer, drum sander, miter saw or band saw.